Up and at em this morning. Alarm went off at 5:45am and I was at the gym by 6:15am. I kind of dragged considering the gym is right around the corner from my apartment. But I was there that is all that matters.
I did 3 miles on the treadmill…yes on the treadmill. It was a killer, plus I am never at my fastest first thing in the morning. I did 3 miles at a 9:41 pace, finishing in 29:06.
After my run it was triceps and chest time! Here is what I did:
- Chest Press – 3 sets of 12 reps with a 30lb bar
- Chest fly’s – 3 sets of 10 reps with 20lb dumbbells
- Chest Press- 3 sets of 10 with 20lb dumbbells
- Skull crushers- 3 sets of 10 with 35lb bar
- Tricep dips- 3 sets of 12 with my own body weight
- Incline push-ups- 3 sets of 10
And of course in between the chest exercises and the skull crushers I did some ab work alternating between: bicycles, toe touches, reverse crunches and balancing pull-ins (I really need to find out the technical term for those).
Good workout! I feel refreshed!
Now I am drinking my chocolate protein shake and I am about to jump in the shower… I am running LATE!!
Oh and when I get to work I will have a pomegranate and cranberry bran muffin from Trader Joe’s and a banana. Here is a pre picture of it all. Plus and ice coffee from the coffee shop in my office lobby!